Getting to the Lodge
THE RECOMMENDED AIRPORT FOR IMBALI SAFARI LODGE IS SKUKUZA WHICH IS LOCATED WITHIN THE KRUGER AND ALLOWS GUESTS TO ENJOY A LEISURELY SAFARI EN-ROUTE TO THE LODGE
SA Airlink to Skukuza (1.5HRS) , Hoedspruit (2 HRS) or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport(3.5HRS):
SA Airlink offers flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town direct to Skukuza or Hoedspruit airports which are closest to IMBALI SAFARI LODGE.
SA Airlink also offers direct flights from Johannesburg, Durban ,Cape Town, Livingston Victoria Falls or Vilanculos Mozambique direct to Nelspruit Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (THIS IS A LONG TRANSFER OF AT LEAST 3.5HRS). Transfers from ANY of these airports can be booked at time of reservation, at an additional charge.
Road transfers from either Hoedspruit Airport or Skukuza Airport are booked on request at time of reservation. Transfer rates as indicated below are based on a minimum of two people and are quoted per person one way.
Hoedspruit Airport R 1 107.00 per person one way
Skukuza Airport R 1 146.00 per person one way
Rates exclude Kruger National Park gate entry fees.
Rates are valid until 31 December 2019.
Guests will fly into the Manyeleti airstrip adjacent to the concession (Imbali Safari Lodge) where they will be collected by the lodge. Driving times from the lodge is approximately an hour. This transfer is charged.
We recommend the following connecting times to ensure that passengers do not miss any connecting flights:
Domestic flights into Johannesburg must arrive two hours prior to the departing times of your connecting flight to Hoedspruit or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport.
International flights into Johannesburg must arrive two and a half hours prior to your connecting flight to Hoedspruit or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
Departing Skukuza/Hoedspruit/Nelspruit (Kruger Mpumalanga International)
Domestic flights departing from Johannesburg must be booked to depart OR Tambo two hours after the arrival of your connecting flight from Hoedspruit or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport.
International flights departing from Johannesburg must be booked to depart OR Tambo three and a half hours after the arrival of your connecting flight from Hoedspruit or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport.
Getting There By Road
- Depart from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg
- Take the R21 highway North towards Pretoria
- Before reaching Pretoria, take the N4 highway East
- Turnoff at Belfast, take the R540 towards Dullstroom (approximately 37km)
- At Dullstroom, take the R540 towards Lydenburg (approximately 43km)
- At Lydenburg, take the R36 towards Ohrigstad (approximately 62km)
- At Ohrigstad, take the R527 towards Hoedspruit
(Note: You will pass through the JG Strijdom Tunnel)
- 16km before Hoedspruit, at the Swadini Reptile Centre, turn right onto the R531 towards Klaserie
- After about 30km, turn left onto the Orpen Gate Road (R531)
- After 40km you will reach the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park
- Pass Skukuza and take the H11 towards Satara
- After approximately 20kms turn left onto the S36 (Dirt Road), it is signposted. Carry on along the S36 for approximately 39kms
- For Imbali Safari Lodge, keep right at the Hamilton’s Tented Camp sign, continue on the S36/S125
- After 2km you will reach a T-junction, turn left onto the S36/S125
- After 4.5km you will reach a T-junction, turn right onto the S36
- After 6.5km, turn left onto the S145
- After 2.3km, turn left at the ‘no entry’ sign for Imbali Safari Lodge
- After 3.5km you will reach a T-junction which is signposted, turn left for Imbali Safari Lodge.
- Take the H7 towards Satara
- Drive for approximately 6.7km
- Turn right onto the S106 (Dirt Road)
- After 1.6km, turn right onto the S140 towards Talamati
- After 19.5km, turn right onto the S145
- After 10km on the S145 you will see signposting with a no entry sign, turn right for Imbali Safari Lodge
- After 3.5km you will reach a T-junction, turn left for Imbali Safari Lodge
In case of any queries, please contact us on +27 (0)13 735 8915/7. It is recommended that you let us know upon your entry into the park, to enable us to estimate your arrival time and assist you in the event of a breakdown.
Do not follow GPS directions.