Capture the spirit of a classical African safari at Imbali Safari Lodge, set in its own 10 000 hectare private concession area of the world famous Kruger National Park. The lodge has been carefully designed and built in keeping with eco-sensitive policies, to ensure that there is little impact on the natural environment, as guests will bear witness to artefacts discovered during the building programme.
Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge is located within the Imbali concession area of the Kruger National Park. This private 10 000 hectare wilderness area is situated 35 km due South East of Orpen Gate in the central Kruger region. Bordering the Manyeleti and Sabi Sands to the West, the Talamati road makes up the Northern Boundary whilst the S36 gravel road is the eastern boundary.
HOW TO GET THERE
• SA Express from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Hoedspruit
• SA Airlink from Johannesburg, Durban, Livingston –Zambia and Cape Town to Kruger Mpumalanga International airport at Nelspruit
Federal Air and Bataleur Air services the nearby Manyeleti airstrip (12km) and Skukuza 1.30hr
• Private Charters available to private airstrip, lodge will do transfer
- After departing from Johannesburg International Airport
- Take the R21 highway towards Pretoria (North)
- Before Pretoria, take the N4 highway East
- Turnoff at Belfast, take the R540 towards Dullstroom (approximately 37km)
- At Dullstroom, take the R540 towards Lydenburg (approximately 43km)
- At Lydenburg, take the S36 towards Ohrigstad (approximately 62km)
- At Ohrigstad, take the R527 towards Hoedspruit (Note: You will pass through the JG Strijdom Tunnel)
- 16km before Hoedspruit at the Swadini Reptile Centre, turn right onto the R531 towards Klaserie
- After approximately 30km, turn left onto the Orpen Gate Road (R531)
- After 40km you will reach the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park
ORPEN GATE ENTRY:
- After entering the Orpen Gate travel for 22km’s on the H7.
- Turn right on the S36 where you will see the signpost marked Imbali, Hamiltons, Hoyo-Hoyo with the exact distances.
- After about 20km’s turn right on the S145 where it is signposted for Imbali and Hoyo-Hoyo after 3km’s turn left at the no entry sign.
- Drive for 3.5km’s where you will reach a T-junction.
- Turn left to Imbali Safari Lodge.
PAUL KRUGER GATE ENTRY:
- Enter Paul Kruger Gate
- Proceed toward Skukuza
- From Skukuza take the H1-2 towards Satara (32km)
- Turn left S36(Dirt Road) signs will read Imbali Safari Lodge/Hoyo-Hoyo Tsonga Lodge/Hamiltons Tented Camp
- Continue on S36 for 40km
- At T-junction turn left onto S125 for 5km then right S36
- Continue for 6km
- Turn left S145 for 3km
- At signage for Imbali Safari Lodge and Hoyo-Hoyo Tsonga Lodge turn left
- Travel approx 4km to T-Junction turn right for Hoyo-Hoyo(4km)
GATE ENTRANCE FEES
Kruger National Park entry fees are currently R50.00 person for all guests to the Imbali Safari Lodge. This fee is payable at the gate of entry.Please retain your receipt or permit, as it must be handed back to the attendant at the gate on departure.
GATE ENTRANCE TIMES
Please be aware of gate entrance times into Kruger National Park as they do vary throughout the year, depending on the season. Entrance into the park via Orpen Gate should be no later than two hours prior to gate closure time and via Kruger Gate should be no later than three hours prior to gate closure times.
Gate Opening Times:
|October – March||05h30|
|April – September||06h00|
Gate Closing Times:
|November – February||18h30|
|March – April||18h00|
|May – July||17h30|
|August – October||18h00|
Whilst driving within the Kruger National Park, please adhere to the legal speed limit of 50km per hour on tarred roads and 40km per hour on dirt roads.
Please adhere to the Kruger National Park safety precautions, and do not disembark from your vehicle unless you are in a designated area.
CELLULAR PHONE COVERAGE
Cellular phone signal is only available at the entrance gates and close to Skukuza, it is therefore recommended to make your last necessary calls at the gate upon entry.
Situated in the Kruger National Park in the Limpopo Province approximately:
· 42km from the Orpen Gate
· 95km from the Kruger Gate
· 106km from Hoedspruit
· 150km from Phalaborwa
· 155km from Karongwe Game Reserve
· 170km from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
· 168km from Nelspruit (Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport)
· 558km from Johannesburg
Late arrival at the Kruger National Park gates will carry a minimum cost of R1500 to be escorted by the lodges. The same applies to early departures. This is based upon us being able to arrange with the SANParks officials in case of an emergency. We are UNABLE to guarantee that requests for late arrivals and early departures will be possible.
Click here to download the Fact Sheet