Getting to the Lodge
SA Express to Hoedspruit:
SA Airlink offers flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town into Hoedspruit Airport. Transfers from Hoedspruit can be booked at time of reservation, at an additional charge.
Federal Air from Johannesburg or KMIA:
Guests will fly into the Manyeleti airstrip where they will be collected by the lodge. Driving times from the lodge is approximately an hour and a half. This transfer is charged at R40 per vehicle and R30 per person.
Airlink to Skukuza or KMIA:
Airlink offers flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town direct to Skukuza. Airlink also offers direct flights from Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town direct to Nelspruit KMIA. Transfers from Skukuza can be booked at time of reservation, at an additional charge.
We recommend the following connecting times to ensure that passengers do not miss any connecting flights:
Domestic flights into Johannesburg must arrive two hours prior to the departing times of your connecting flight to Hoedspruit or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport.
International flights into Johannesburg must arrive two and a half hours prior to your connecting flight to Hoedspruit or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
Domestic flights departing from Johannesburg must be booked to depart OR Tambo two hours after the arrival of your connecting flight from Hoedspruit or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport.
International flights departing from Johannesburg must be booked to depart OR Tambo three and a half hours after the arrival of your connecting flight from Hoedspruit or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport.
Getting There By Road
- Depart from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg
- Take the R21 highway North towards Pretoria
- Before reaching Pretoria, take the N4 highway East
- Turnoff at Belfast, take the R540 towards Dullstroom (approximately 37km)
- At Dullstroom, take the R540 towards Lydenburg (approximately 43km)
- At Lydenburg, take the R36 towards Ohrigstad (approximately 62km)
- At Ohrigstad, take the R527 towards Hoedspruit
(Note: You will pass through the JG Strijdom Tunnel)
- 16km before Hoedspruit, at the Swadini Reptile Centre, turn right onto the R531 towards Klaserie
- After about 30km, turn left onto the Orpen Gate Road (R531)
- After 40km you will reach the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park
Paul Kruger Gate Entry:
(95km from the Paul Kruger Gate)
- Enter Paul Kruger Gate
- Proceed toward Skukuza
- From Skukuza take the H1-2 towards Satara (32km)
- Turn left S36 (Dirt Road) signs will read Imbali Safari Lodge/Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge/Hamiltons Tented Camp
- Continue on S36 for 40km
- At T-junction turn left onto S125 for 5km then right S36
- Continue for 6km
- Turn left S145 for 3km
- At the signs for Imbali Safari Lodge and Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge, turn left
- Travel about 4km to T-Junction, turn left to Imbali Safari Lodge.
Orpen Gate Entry:
(45km from the Orpen Gate)
- After entering the Orpen Gate travel for 22km on the H7.
- Turn right on the S36 where you will see the signpost marked Imbali, Hamiltons, Hoyo Hoyo with the exact distances.
- After about 20km turn right on the S145 where it is signposted for Imbali and Hoyo Hoyo after 3km turn left at the no entry sign.
- Drive for 3.5km where you will reach a T-junction.
- Turn left to Imbali Safari Lodge.
Kruger Park Gate Fees:
Due to us being located in a private concession area our guests enjoy a once off access fee of R70.00 per person per stay.
Standard Kruger entrance fee’s do not apply.